Jul 242013
 

I’ve spent a few hours over the weekend putting the edge trims around the windows of the arcade, and sorting out a few snags here and there that I wasn’t happy with. The trims were incredibly difficult to cut, and razor sharp:

Window Trim

Window Trim

I also spent a few hours, including after work this week, plasterboarding the front of the garage, near the door. This was incredibly difficult because it required the plasterboard to be literally glued to the side of the walls either side of the door. I was disappointed with the first attempt as there was too much of a gap between the door and frame plasterboard for the edge trims. My 2nd attempt was much better and I just need to finish off both door edges with metal brackets, and deal with a couple of other minor snags.

Door Plasterboard

Door Plasterboard

The next stage will be to get my electrician in to provide a power feed, then the plasterer to plaster the whole room, and finally the electrician back in to wire everything up.

Hopefully I should be in a situation in a couple of weeks to paint the walls, ceiling, and start moving all my cabinets in there.

I also found a great material for the flooring that seems really hard wearing. It’s a 7mm Hard Studded Recycled Flexi-Tile from www.flexitile.com