Apr 262014
 

I’ve spent the last day trying to finish my Electrocoin Midi Mr.Do! arcade cabinet.

First up was applying the artwork onto the control panel. Considering that I’ve never done this before I think I made a fairly decent effort of it. Obviously I made a slight error as the bottom left does not quite match the bottom right, but I can live with it 🙂

Control Panel Front

Secondly I rebuilt the control panel, cleaning up the screws, washers, and nuts as I went along. I replaced the leaf buttons as the original ones were damaged. But kept with the same joystick, apart from washing it and applying new microswitches. I did the same with the Player 1 and Player 2 buttons.

Control Panel Back

I then tested out the wiring and made a few minor changes due to simple mistakes, and added a ground onto the control panel for safety.

I had a look at the left coin mech that wasn’t working. It’s missing a credit board, so I’ll leave it as it is. The wiring has been cut all over the place so it was difficult to work out what was going on , so I utilised the 12v that was coming off one of the connectors to get the lights lit up. At least one of the mechs is working ok.

I then cleaned the paint speckles off the left side with a magic eraser and centred the screen on the monitor. I think I’m pretty done with this now. Not perfect, but at a fairly decent standard now. Might have a few games on Mr.Do! this evening 🙂

Mr.Do! Finished!