Closed arcade parts

 My Projects  Comments Off on Closed arcade parts
May 302013
 

I went to a closed arcade over the weekend, and picked up a few parts, including this Operation Wolf glass marquee from 1987:

Operation Wolf

Operation Wolf

May 282013
 

Fixed my supergun that had a broken stereo socket. Luckily someone pointed out a suitable replacement on the Maplin website, which I received today. Desoldered the old one, and soldered the new one in place. The new part seems to be of a much higher standard of quality than the original!

Supergun fixed

Supergun fixed

Nintendo Red Tent delayed

 Nintendo Vs  Comments Off on Nintendo Red Tent delayed
May 272013
 

Unfortunately the shipping of my Nintendo Red Tent from the US has been delayed, and will be shipped mid-June 🙁

I hope to put some ship tracking on here once it is on its way.

On the positive side I did receive some new pictures, and the cabinet does look in pretty decent condition. I think it will be a good example once cleaned up.

Nintendo Red Tent 1 - May 2013

Nintendo Red Tent 1 – May 2013

Nintendo Red Tent 2 - May 2013

Nintendo Red Tent 2 – May 2013

Eprom programming and erasing

 My Projects  Comments Off on Eprom programming and erasing
May 272013
 

I’ve had an eprom programmer for a while, and not had any chance to use it. The only thing I’ve done is run it in self-test to confirm it passed, but I’ve not read or written any eproms, so had no idea whether it actually worked or not.

I picked up a Stag UV eprom eraser at the weekend, and on opening it up, found a number of eproms that had become lodged inside. I decided to use a couple of these to see if I could read them, erase them, and write them back to what they were originally.

Eprom Eraser

Eprom Eraser

With my trusty Windows 2000 laptop, I read the roms, put them in the eraser for 15 minutes, and checked that they were classed as blank. I then wrote the same data back to the rom, and confirmed that the data was the same.

Eprom Programmer

Eprom Programmer

Interestingly enough I cannot seem to determine what data is actually on these roms. I ran them through Mame ident but they were classed as “No Match”. They seem to be from a Sega game in 1982, from reading the hex.