Baby Pacman table re-assembled!

 Baby Pacman  Comments Off on Baby Pacman table re-assembled!
Mar 232013
 

I’ve been really busy cleaning all the parts that I’ve taken off the Baby Pacman. I’ve cleaned up the metal work, plastics, and the playfield itself, and then waxed the table.

I’ve then re-assembled all the parts, replacing all the rubbers, post caps, and bulbs as I went along. I noticed that as I was putting things back according to the images I had, some of the rubbers on my table were actually incorrect, so these have been replaced with the original ones, in the correct positions, as specified in the manual. Here is the result:

Baby Pacman Re-assembled

Baby Pacman Re-assembled

I still need to tidy up the spinners and drop targets as they are fairly worn. Once they are done, the playfield will be complete!

Baby Pacman Worn Spinners

Baby Pacman Worn Spinners

Baby Pacman Worn Drop Targets

Baby Pacman Worn Drop Targets

Darth Yoda playing Paperboy

 Arcade Info  Comments Off on Darth Yoda playing Paperboy
Mar 172013
 

I came across this video on YouTube ages ago, and struggled to find it again. Luckily it is still there and I came across it the other day.

Check out this guys skills on Paperboy – Hard Way. Amazing!

Baby Pacman Initial Clean

 Baby Pacman  Comments Off on Baby Pacman Initial Clean
Mar 132013
 

Stripped all the plastics off the Baby Pacman playfield, and gave the playfield an initial clean with Novus 2 and 1.

All the plastics were cleaned separately with Novus 1

Baby Paman Initial Clean

Baby Paman Initial Clean

Out of Shape Baby Pacman

 Baby Pacman  Comments Off on Out of Shape Baby Pacman
Mar 072013
 

Starting with something simple….I’ve tried to get the cabinet back into shape.

You may remember that I took an inital first look picture in Dec 2012 of the middle left edge at the back of the cabinet, which was damaged, fragile, and not at all straight with the rest of the cabinet.

Baby Pacman Damage

Baby Pacman Damage

I went about injecting the wood in this area with some wood glue, and then clamped the section back into place:

Baby Pacman Clamped

Baby Pacman Clamped

I was fairly pleased with the results. Not only is the area more solid, it also looks pretty straight. I will tidy it up a bit more with some filling, sanding and painting, when I get to that point. But overall not too bad:

Baby Pacman Damage Fixed

Baby Pacman Damage Fixed