Garage Conversion to Arcade Update 1

 Arcade Garage  Comments Off on Garage Conversion to Arcade Update 1
Jan 202013
 

I’ve now completed the top corners of the garage by building a timber corner frame and cutting the required Celotex insulation on both sides.

I’ve now decided on where the six double power sockets are going and have wired all the mains cable around the bottom of the timber frame, making holes for the wiring where necessary.

I’ve also done the wiring for six mains fire rated LED downlights. Two lights will be down each end and two lights will be situated in the centre of the room, parallel to each other.

Yesterday (19th Jan) I started work on plasterboarding the ceiling. I managed to complete a section of the ceiling.

Plasterboard 20/1/2013

Plasterboard 20/1/2013

Many thanks to the continued help from Chris Ree. It’s so much easier when you have another pair of hands 🙂

Jan 192013
 

I’m very excited to be the new owner of a Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem Red Tent system!!

As far as I know, there are either none, or very few Nintendo Red Tents in the UK. I have never, ever, seen one myself in the flesh.

The journey is still quite long for my cabinet – It is sat in a warehouse in the US waiting to be transported on a container between April and June 2013. It will arrive in Berlin, where it will then be transported into the UK.

I cannot wait to get my hands on it 🙂

Nintendo Red Tent

Nintendo Red Tent

Jan 062013
 

I started this afternoon tearing down the Baby Pacman. Firslty, I removed the MPU, Vidiot, and Solenoid PCB’s. You can clearly see that the MPU has had some battery leakage at some point in the past as it has made quite a mess of the metal plating behind the boards. I will need to thoroughly check the PCB’s over to see if I can detect any damage:

Baby Pacman PCB removal

Secondly I removed the Control Panel. This will need a full strip down and rebuild with new artwork:

Baby Pacman Control Panel Removal

Thirdly I removed the coin door. This was in good condition, apart from a bit of rust on the back, and on the coin mechanisms. Again, a full strip down and tidy up is needed:

Baby Pacman Coin Door Removal

This is all the time I had today. Hopefully next week I can start removing the playfield and monitor

Jan 012013
 

IMG00001-20130101-1304

Replaced all the capacitors (tantalum, electro, axial), bridge rectifiers, regulators, 555 timer with new socket, and diodes on a Space Invaders part II power PCB.

The documents I found were slightly wrong, as certain components were listed incorrectly and in wrong positions, so I’ve attached an updated verison based on my own findings.

Taito_AA017741 (132 downloads)